- Rotorua Museum took out the Hospitality & Attractions Business Award at the 2013 Westpac Business Excellence Awards.
- RLC Client Support Manager Paul Spurdle was a finalist in the Westpac Business Excellence Awards' Young Business Leader section.
- Rotorua Museum's Volunteer Guides were runners-up in the Arts and Culture category in the TrustPower Spirit of Rotorua Awards.
- Rotorua’s reputation for hosting world-class events was recognised on a
global scale with the city receiving an International Festivals and Events
Association (IFEA) World Festival and Event City Award, which is sponsored
internationally by Visa.
- Our team won the 2013 ALGIM Local Government Customer Service Team of the Year Award, while Online Coordinator Margaret Cunningham received the 2013 ALGIM Professional Development Award.
- National runner up title for RLC website and online services in ICT Local Government Awards.
- NZ Recreation Association award title of “Fellow” to RLC Parks & Recreation Manager Garry Page.
- Highly commended award for RLC Youth Spaces project from NZ Recreation Association.
- NZ Recreation Association’s Ian Galloway Memorial cup for excellence in parks industry to Walter Miller.
- NZ Institute of Surveyors’ Award of Excellence for RLC’s Whakarewarewa Forest and Redwoods fabric map developed with Canmap Hawley Ltd.
- Supreme Award at the 2012 TrustPower Spirit of Rotorua Awards for Keep Rotorua Beautiful programme.
- Rotorua Museum finalist in 2012 Westpac Rotorua Business Excellence Awards.
- RLC Aquatics & Leisure Programmes Manager Louis Sylvester finalist in 2012 Westpac Rotorua Business Excellence Awards.
- Third place spot for RLC entry in Wearable Creationz Awards.
- Bronze accreditation for RLC in WorkWell workplace wellness programme.
- National Award of Excellence in the NZ Property Industry Awards’ ’Heritage and Adaptive Reuses of Property’ category for RLC’s museum extensions.
- NZ Association of Local Government Information Management ranks RLC website 7th best in the country.
- National Youth Spaces Award at the 2012 Youth in Local Government conference for RLC’s Western Heights and Fordlands youth spaces.
- Community Business Award at Deloitte Chinese Business Figures Awards for RLC’s Destination Rotorua Marketing Business Development Manager-Asia, Shelly Huang.
- Bronze medal at the Ellerslie International Flower Show regional section for Destination Rotorua Marketing.
Page reviewed: 25 Feb 2015 11:46am