Food businesses and the Food Act
Rotorua Lakes Council together with the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) are holding an information workshop to help businesses work with the Food Act.
The workshop will help you understand what the Food Act 2014 means for your business and how to work out what you need to do and when.
You'll have an opportunity to speak to both council and MPI representatives about any concerns you may have and you'll also have the chance to talk to other businesses.
Date: Monday 20 June 2016
Time: 1.30 – 3.30pm
Where: Council Chambers, Rotorua Lakes Council, 1061 Haupapa Street, Rotorua
The agenda for the workshop will be:
- Introduction to the Food Act: Presentation by MPI and Rotorua Lakes Council and a question session
- Where do I fit? Check what type of regulation applies to you
- Ask the experts: Ask about your specific business. Topics could include using a written plan, getting registered, working with a national programme, or getting verified.
If you want to attend, email your name, business and contact telephone number to:
Phone: (07) 351 8218
Phone: (07) 351 8085
Please let us know in advance if you have any specific questions you want discussed at the workshop.
Community Charity Relay
Matariki events June and July
Check out the full Matariki
community events line up here
(Please note that The Stars Are Out
Tonight Sculpture and Art Exhibition (Waiariki BOP Polytech), is no longer
Rotoruanz.com is Rotorua Lakes Council's dedicated events website, that provides you with all the information on the great events happening in the Rotorua region.
It is free to list your event on Rotoruanz. Simply register at Rotoruanz eventfinda.
Tips for a successful event listings:
- Provide a vibrant eye catching image for your event (jpeg format). If you do not provide an image a generic image will be added to your listing
- Provide as much information as possible – time the event starts, ticket pricing, parking information
- Provide a website for further information (if suitable)
- Ensure you select the right category for your event
Visit the rotoruanz.com website here.
Inner City Event Poster Stations
To promote events there are five poster station locations set up around the inner city:
• Diane Dairy – Corner Arawa Street and Tutanekai Street
• Lucky Lotto Shop – Corner of Haupapa and Tutanekai Street
• Public Toilets – Pukuatua Street
• Laneway Entrance – Hinemoa Street
• Laneway Exit – Eruera Street
This facility is for events only. To display your event here, please drop your posters into the Sir Howard Morrison Performing Arts Centre. Please provide posters in A3 and A4 size and portrait and landscape if possible.