The City Services is situated in the centre of the Central Business District, at the intersection of Tutanekai and Hinemoa Streets and is run by the Manager of City Services.
The City Services building was designed as a place for community activities in the city centre. Consequently, you will see musical, dancing and theatrical performances, displays by sporting, cultural and religious groups, displays about education, health, careers, all sorts of things.
We hold information for public use – for example, information pamphlets and Council’s long-term plans, annual plans etc.
It is staffed by Council employees, community Police and many volunteers who assist with visitor enquiries, lost and found property and other CBD issues. We have 95,000 plus visitor enquiries annually.
The City Services Manager is also responsible for the following:
- Cleaning and maintenance of the streets, street furniture and gardens in CBD, Government Gardens, Lakefront and Skate Park
- Managing Parking Building and all offstreet parking.Maintenance and replacement of Parking Meters and Pay and Display
- Decorative street lighting and banners
- Applications for street marches, buskers, sausage sizzles, temporary road closures in the CBD
- All public conveniences in the CBD
- Security cameras in CBD, Lakefront, Government Gardens
- Enquiries about Rotorua
- Managing and updating city community type events database
The City Services Manager also fields numerous enquiries and complaints about Council services and events and holds pamphlets, brochures and maps of the District.