GeyserView - G4 Family of Applications
Changes for those using Google Chrome
Google Chrome has stopped supporting the Silverlight plugin
in their browser which is what our online mapping systems runs on.
See further information here:
In case anyone wants to carry on using Geocortex on Chrome there is a work around.
Due to the complexity of the workaround it is not recommended for the average user.
The workaround will also only be useful until September
anyway when the plugin will not be able to be loaded at all due the
changes being implemented by Google.
Basically you have to enter this into your browser:
and click on enable
Close the browser, start it again and then re-enable the
plugin for the site as per what you have had to do since Jan.
- Windows 10 and the new Edge browser - This new browser from Microsoft also does not support the Silverlight plugin.
- Or make use of Internet Explorer up to an including version 11
We are currently working on a replacement application that will not require the Silverlight plugin by using HTML5
- that the replacement is still in a state of development and may not be available at all times
- errors may occur when some functions are used.
- the link above will take you to the replacement for GeyserView only. Please let us know if you require links to the other current applications.
- You are welcome to supply feedback or questions via the Send feedback icon in the Home Panel. This will help us shape any FAQ's that we think may need to be written to transition users to the new version.
- The application will change it's layout depending on whether the deivice is a hand held, tablet or desktop device.
- GeyserView - Rotorua Lakes Council's online mapping service
- Data Download - Select and download spatial data
- Cemetery Explorer - Explore the Rotorua District and Tauranga City Cemeteries (under development)
- Aerial Viewer - Compare aerial photography from 2001, 2006, 2011
Parks and Reserves